Raleigh/wakeforest nc area

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Might be a good time to get groups together for pick up games or practice/BP if no one is playing leagues. Our fall league ends by the end of October. Just got an email that there will be an Oct-Nov weekend league. But I doubt I'll play weekends. Too much going on that time of year for me to play weekends.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Surely we can do a better job at getting people to show up for BP or pickup games than the Triangle Meetup page. Maybe some of the local heros can give some of us pointers as well? ;)

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Was gonna to go hit today but not lookin too good right now. possibly try tomorrow, but looks more like monday sometime now at this rate.

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Went out to Biltmore hills park today and hit with my neighbor. The field was a lil wet in the OF but fine for BP. We plan on going tomorrow sometime more likely as it looks like Tuesday has a greater chance of rain. If anyone wants to tag along more than welcome to, open to doing it at any time too really.

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Where is Biltmore Hills?

Roughly 701 Crown Crossing Ln, Raleigh. I'm completely open to any suggestions though as we are only a few min from that field and dont mind makin a lil further drive anywhere else in the raleigh/garner area that a field would likely be open then.

I'll prolly end up calling raleigh rec b/c they run that park and double check no one is on it for what ever time ppl wanna go hit.
Field is supposedly 300ft fences in left.

There are fields off Creech Rd too I know ar2x7 has hit up but no clue on who runs those to even check and see if itd be used by some school group or somin.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Roughly 701 Crown Crossing Ln, Raleigh. I'm completely open to any suggestions though as we are only a few min from that field and dont mind makin a lil further drive anywhere else in the raleigh/garner area that a field would likely be open then.

I'll prolly end up calling raleigh rec b/c they run that park and double check no one is on it for what ever time ppl wanna go hit.
Field is supposedly 300ft fences in left.

There are fields off Creech Rd too I know ar2x7 has hit up but no clue on who runs those to even check and see if itd be used by some school group or somin.

I've been over to Creech a few times for BP. I usually go during the day, and other than the grounds keeper mowing, there's never anyone there. They have leagues in the evening though.

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been over to Creech a few times for BP. I usually go during the day, and other than the grounds keeper mowing, there's never anyone there. They have leagues in the evening though.

Well if you would rather move over to creech road tomorrow and join in just let me know the time works out best for ya. My neighbor and i are open to going whenever and I might have another depending on the time of day.

Regardless my neighbor and i are going to go hit some tomorrow somewhere at the least bit.

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans

Well I called City of raleigh and Biltmore is free till 6pm today. Were totally open to going to Creech though if your trying to hit too and prefer that field.

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Headin to Biltmore Hills at 2:30 with my neighbor to hit some today. field was a lil slush early yesterday in leftfield when we hit but should be okay enough for today. If you rather head to Creech Rd just shoot me a pm or somin before hand.

mcmaggs

Addicted to Softballfans

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Headin to Biltmore Hills at 2:30 with my neighbor to hit some today. field was a lil slush early yesterday in leftfield when we hit but should be okay enough for today. If you rather head to Creech Rd just shoot me a pm or somin before hand.

Sorry, I've been sick as a dog the last few days. Did manage to play last night, and woke up this morning feeling like crap again. But I might head over to a local baseball field and hit a few off a tee. Won't have time to drive all the way across town today. But will definitely like to meet up one afternoon for some real BP.

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
Had a Great time hittin bp with Y'all on Monday (3 Hours of BP and I am a little stiff this morning). For those who were not able to stay until the end...I did finally lay to rest my AV as She finally Busted after 5500 hits...:( . I am usually available on Mondays.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Gonna make this Monday BP a regular thing? I'm free between 9:30am and around 12:00 noon on most Mondays. Might be hard for me to make a 40 minute drive to the south Raleigh or Garner area in that window of time though. I'd have more time to practice if it were closer to the north side of town.

Cedar Hills is almost always open and it's 325'...so not as many balls hunted in the woods afterwards! ;)

I went and hit off a tee for a little while today at Baileywick. Sky opened up and dumped on the way over there, but luckily the rains missed the park by about a 1/4 mile.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
Willing to do a reg thing on Monday's or whatever at biltmore or creech rd, someone lmk.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Monday is good for me, Biltmore or Creech though is not. That's an hour and twenty minute round trip and I only have a 2.5 hour window to work with.