Raleigh/wakeforest nc area

mcmaggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Dan, yall hit there last week right? I was supposed to go but had to work at the last minute. I need some outdoor BP as Ive been hitting in the tunnels at Grand Slam because of the weather.

Oppo 23

Addicted to Softballfans
Dan, yall hit there last week right? I was supposed to go but had to work at the last minute. I need some outdoor BP as Ive been hitting in the tunnels at Grand Slam because of the weather.

We hit last Saturday, it was good. Lots of cuts, only had 4 compared to the previous 20+. Should be warm enough to have a good turn out this weekend.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
20 people isn't batting practice...that's called a game!

Honestly, more than 5 or 6 and BP starts to really drag out into an all day event.

Oppo 23

Addicted to Softballfans
Its only about 5 minutes from me, I will go by in the morning. I know the bottom field will too wet but I will look at the top just in case it stops raining tonight. Not looking to good though.

Who'sOnFirst

Extra Hitter
Its only about 5 minutes from me, I will go by in the morning. I know the bottom field will too wet but I will look at the top just in case it stops raining tonight. Not looking to good though.

Definitley let us know, I was bringing a friend as well, but it doesn't look good. Figures, it was looking like a decent turnout too.

I will check the board tomorrow morning.

caspersgt

Addicted to Softballfans
if yall get a scrimmage anytime soon let me know or even BP im down... got some bats that i need to swing

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Went out to hit some on Thursday. The infields were a little soft and the outfield ended up being a wet sponge! Didn't find this out till I went to pick up the balls! After the rain this morning, looks like it's going to be several more days of "waiting" around here. I'm ready to play.

mcmaggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Went out to hit some on Thursday. The infields were a little soft and the outfield ended up being a wet sponge! Didn't find this out till I went to pick up the balls! After the rain this morning, looks like it's going to be several more days of "waiting" around here. I'm ready to play.

Thats exactly what I was afraid of. Why cant it rain on Mondays and Tuesdays and be dry the rest of the week through the weekend.

Oppo 23

Addicted to Softballfans
Thats exactly what I was afraid of. Why cant it rain on Mondays and Tuesdays and be dry the rest of the week through the weekend.

It's done raining, I will stop by the field around lunch and see if we have a chance for tomorrow.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Hopefully those southside fields look better than the ones Raleigh maintains up here. After seeing how wet they were yesterday, I won't even bother after the downpour we had this morning. And that sucks because tomorrow is shaping up top be a nice day!

The infield would have been fine if it had been "dragged" during the day. It was dry just below the surface. But it had a slimy goop on top. I kicked the batters box clean with my shoe, and it was fine. I was just shocked how much water was still in the outfield!

caspersgt

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone near the burlington area...im hitting with some guys from greensboro around one and I could possibly try and see about getting a scrimmage going if we get enough from the board to come..just let me know

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Millbrook Exchange Park
1905 Spring Forest Rd., Raleigh, NC, 27658

It's right next to Millbrook High School, on Spring Forest Rd between Falls of Neuse and Atlantic Ave. From Durham, I'd come up 70 or 40 to 540, and take the Falls of Neuse exit. Follow Falls of Neuse down to Spring Forest, take a left on Spring Forest, park in about a mile down on your left, behind the Fire Department.