Search results

1. TWmccoy

AD Starr Patriot Magnus FX ball

Anyone here ever hit or seen these before? It's a molded BP type ball that seems similar to a Platinum Dot or BP Spinner. White and dark red colored. Found it at a park in Tampa, FL. Never seen one before. Holy f'ing cow is this thing a flier. Very hard and very bouncy. Just a dense, heavy...
  2. TWmccoy

Worth Super Duper Pro Ms

Anyone here hit these yet? They seem to be a new Worth ball made to compete with Dudley's Hard Core. The fields at Viera were nice enough to donate 9 of them to me. The Super Duper has a soft, multilayer cover, just like the Hard Core. I had 2 Super Dupers to try in BP. 1 Protac GSL Pro M, and...
  3. TWmccoy

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

Played a tourny here in CO yesterday. It wasn't really hot, but it wasn't cold either. Wind was blowing out hard at times. Most teams used hard core Pro Ms. It became evident early that the team with the best bat control would win the tourny. Never in my life have I seen so many DBOs and long...
  4. TWmccoy

Most durable senior bat

Well, looks like the time has come to buy a senior bat. SSUSA apparently isn't going to allow USSSA bats in their tournies henceforth. Even though I'm playing 40+ tournies we now have to use senior bats. So, in everyone's opinion, what is the most durable senior bat? It doesn't need to have...
  5. TWmccoy

Easton Biff! and Thing '22

No one really talks about Easton bats anymore, so I figure I might as well. Got a couple cheap Eastons from SIS this winter. Both are USSSA 240 bats. Up to this point I'd only swung 1 other Easton 240 (blue Fireflex). It's OK, but nothing special. Put about 20 swings on each bat with .52s. I...
  6. TWmccoy

Baden Fire senior balls

So, around here all the SSUSA tournies used to use Trump Stote microcell balls. Lately they seem to have switched over to Baden Fires. Honestly, the balls seem pretty similar. Both have a soft cover and hard core, and both fly well. Anyone else hit the senior Fires? Do you guys like them?
  7. TWmccoy

Dudley Thunder ZN hard core Pro M

I finally got my hands on one of these balls (direct from Tennessee last weekend). The hard core Pro M is what USSSA has developed for use in hot climates and on big fields. After a couple BPs with this ball I feel like I have enough to discuss some observations of it. First off, the ball...
  8. TWmccoy

LS 240 bats are overpriced trash

I'm going to just come out and say it.... these bats f'ing suck. Louisville's line of 240s perform very well, for the extremely few swings you get out of them. Everyone I know who swings them keeps having them break well within 100 swings. I can't figure out why this company has such a bunch of...
  9. TWmccoy

Opinions on Anarchy's newer bats...

Smash it has all Anarchys dirt cheap right now, so I picked up a Natty Daddy (USSSA 240, 12" barrel, 1/2 oz endload). Has anyone swung this line of bats? Do they hold compression decently? I've never swung Anarchy before. I merely picked this bat up because it was too cheap to say no to, plus...
  10. TWmccoy

AWS worlds (Vegas)

Anyone here playing in this tourny this weekend? Apparently you're allowed to use ANY Dudley ball you want. 75% of teams are using .44 525 ZNs. This is absolutely ludicrous. At BLD it was bombs over Baghdad, and bats were breaking left and right. Temps in Vegas Thursday and Friday were...
  11. TWmccoy

2022 USSSA KP23 (yellow/white)

What are peoples' thoughts on this bat? I bought one at the beginning of the season, and have swung it very little. Out of the wrapper it tested a shade under 300, which is pretty high for a 240 bat. Accordingly, I've found that it doesn't have much pop. Interestingly, the bat has a very soft...
  12. TWmccoy

Looking for 2013 or 2014 Easton B2

Anyone have one of these laying around? Looking for a used B2, 27 or 28 oz, preferably something that isn't beaten to death or covered in pine tar. Must not be altered, and it has to pass compression. Please PM me. Thanks.
  13. TWmccoy

Lowest compression bat you've seen.....

Last weekend we played a tourny in CO Springs. This is a sanction (WSL) that doesn't test bats. However, a guy on my team actually has his own USSSA bat tester, so we ran a few bats through it. One guy has an OG Fireflex that everyone knows is a lightning rod. Sure enough, the bat tested at 145...
  14. TWmccoy

Pro Ms in Viera (continued observations)

In numerous other threads I've posted about Pro Ms and my experiences with them in various places. Everywhere from TX, CO, or FL. Initially, I was a fan of the Pro M when it came out in 2019. Hitting the ball in FL I saw great results, and it was a noticeable step up from the ZN classic Ms Viera...
  15. TWmccoy

Dudley Thunder ZN Pro M vs. Thunder SY Pro M

Interesting results here. Played a tourny Saturday in 90+ degree temps. We had a brand new dozen ZN Pro Ms.... and they were surprisingly awful performers. The balls just had no zip off the bat, and felt completely dead. Some of the wimpiest balls I've seen in a long time. Someone scrounged up...
  16. TWmccoy

Juno MR-1

I picked up a Juno MR-1 recently since I was playing in a conference USSSA tourny and needed a 240 bat. Doing some research beforehand, I wanted a bat that would last for a long time without dropping below 240 compression. Reading up on most new bats, the durability reviews weren't good at all...
  17. TWmccoy

Cheap(ish) 240 comp. bats....

Is anyone producing/selling an affordable 240 compression USSSA bat? I need to get one at some point this year, but I have zero desire to spend $270+. Everything I'm seeing right now is just expensive AF. I don't need anything with ridiculous pop. Durability and ability to hold compression are...
  18. TWmccoy

A resurgence in popularity for older Eastons

I'm noticing a trend lately. Older (pre Fireflex) Eastons seem to be getting popular. Stuff like the Raw Power and Bomb Squad lines, or even B2, L2, L1, etc. Lots of people are seeking these bats out on FB, and the prices are creeping up. What I wonder is, why? Admittedly, Easton's pre-Fireflex...
  19. TWmccoy

Unsanctioned Super Blue Dots

Worth has made Blue Dots for probably 30 years. The ball itself is nothing new. However, in the last few years I've noticed some Super Blue Dots produced that have no sanction stamp on them. In fact, there's no info at all on the ball in relation to cor/compression. In the old days, Blue Dots...
  20. TWmccoy

Overlap grip vs. conventional (again)

I know I've discussed this topic on here at length over the years, but now it's time to talk about grip again. I used the overlap grip most of this year, both full overlap and 2 finger. I hit pretty well, but I felt like I was mis hitting too many balls. Too many popups and I topped the ball...