Pics of custom and modified helmets...

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
20130308_135438.jpg

20130308_135532.jpg

Hey Fireman, that's pretty sick. I like the black helmet design with the reflectors painted on. You could probably even do some real reflector stickers or maybe pain a badge front on it, that would look badass :D

Hey Fireman, that's pretty sick. I like the black helmet design with the reflectors painted on. You could probably even do some real reflector stickers or maybe pain a badge front on it, that would look badass :D

Those actually are reflectors from my first helmet I bought. It was cracked so I slapped them on my pitching helmet.

sjury

The Old Man
Where can I find one of these?

They are motorcycle helmets made in Russia. They are not street legal to drive with here because the vision is too restrictive. They cost $780....and cost an extra $399 for custom paint, but they ship for FREE!!! :D

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
They are motorcycle helmets made in Russia. They are not street legal to drive with here because the vision is too restrictive. They cost $780....and cost an extra $399 for custom paint, but they ship for FREE!!! :D

Sounds like a good deal!!!

PHXCobra

Addicted to Softballfans
I got bored and decided to paint my 12 year old catchers mask I've been using when I pitch. It's going to get a red target on the forehead and a clear coat tonight. Then wet sanded. I think it turned out pretty well. The mask and everything is on loosely until the clear goes on.
null_zpsb65790b2.jpg

null_zps970afd81.jpg

Crush17er

Addicted to Softballfans
Cut that middle "T" bar out. Makes a WORLD of difference and the ball can't get through.;)

Honestly i dont even see the middle bar in there... I thought about it until i wore it in a tournament and i dont feel a need to cut it out... i have worn a couple without the middle bar and doesnt make a difference to me...

blakcherry329

No a local guy here in Washington. Its not my helmet a buddy asked me to post it for him.

How does everyone like that Easton Lacross helmet?
Any Lacrosse helmet is the way to go, imho. But everyone has their own preference. I love mine. It's a Riddell.
Honestly i dont even see the middle bar in there... I thought about it until i wore it in a tournament and i dont feel a need to cut it out... i have worn a couple without the middle bar and doesnt make a difference to me...

I guess it depends on the grill pattern.

My helmet it wasn't that bad, but I still caught a glimpse of the bars sometimes. Taking out the T bar give me totally clear vision. I don't even notice it on after a while.

PHXCobra

Addicted to Softballfans
Watched a couple YouTube videos on putting camo paint on firearms. Start with the lightest color and spray the whole thing, tape certain areas you want to stay that color, and go the next darkest. Tape again leaving the first round of tape. Keep doing this until you are done. Quite easy. Prep took the most time. Sanding and scuffing, then goo gone to get rid of any oils or anything else.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
Watched a couple YouTube videos on putting camo paint on firearms. Start with the lightest color and spray the whole thing, tape certain areas you want to stay that color, and go the next darkest. Tape again leaving the first round of tape. Keep doing this until you are done. Quite easy. Prep took the most time. Sanding and scuffing, then goo gone to get rid of any oils or anything else.

What did you use to sand? Wet sand? I'm gonna try this!

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody no where to get a custom paint job done in Washington State

I'd contact some custom motorcycle shops....someone paints tanks & fenders & someone will know them...Tattoo artists might also know or be able to sketch what you want for someone to paint.....

Last edited: