The iTrader Feedback Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

The only thing I will have to say is that I think it will actually limit the number of bad deals. How many times do you read a NGTG thread and someone posts a link to a bad deal that the person already has. The common response, "I didn't look that far back." People are simply lazy and don't go through all transactions. You would have to be an absolute idiot if you can't read feedback stats.

you would have to be an absolute idiot to not read everyones feedback no matter how far back it goes

christianman316

blaine's dad
I was wondering how long it would take SBF to add the itrader function. All other message boards I am a part of have had it for years. Now if I only had the time to update all of my 100 or so deals on there...

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
you would have to be an absolute idiot to not read everyones feedback no matter how far back it goes

This is true. However I know on some people who have 5 pages of feedback I only scroll the first 2 pages typically. If I don't see any questionable deals in those 2 pages I don't worry. One thing with NGTG or Beware threads is they get bumped fairly often, so if they are not within first 2 pages, I figure maybe the person has repented of his ways.

Joker

This is true. However I know on some people who have 5 pages of feedback I only scroll the first 2 pages typically. If I don't see any questionable deals in those 2 pages I don't worry. One thing with NGTG or Beware threads is they get bumped fairly often, so if they are not within first 2 pages, I figure maybe the person has repented of his ways.

you're doing it wrong and this is why bad deals happen

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
I search everyones name and feedback unless I know them. Maybe this is why I havent had a bad deal to date (knock on wood). Anyway, as long as all of my other feedback stays existing then I really dont care either way about the new system.

Mattdawg18

Schmoozerator on SBZ
would of been cool if some how it updated all of your feedback you already have... GDC > Itrader.....

;):cool:

i wish some admin would start a thread explaining it.......oh wait

They should sticky it...oh wait....

hahahahahaaaaaaaa

i won't be adding my gtg list to the itrader system and i won't be using it in the futrue unless the current feedback system goes away

Nor will I.

i saw that, its basically a 2nd system there for no real purpose other than to have it there even though its been said over and over that coach doesn't want a lot of extra add ons and that the current feedback system works. am i wrong?

You are correct, sir.

The only thing I will have to say is that I think it will actually limit the number of bad deals. How many times do you read a NGTG thread and someone posts a link to a bad deal that the person already has. The common response, "I didn't look that far back." People are simply lazy and don't go through all transactions. You would have to be an absolute idiot if you can't read feedback stats.

People are very lazy, and that's what this new system will cater to.

And yet, these idiots you speak of, exist all over this site. It's a real shame.

Macken

Starting Player
iTrader is a great addition.

For those that say that if the develops stop supporting it then it will go away are wrong. the Code is already written and can be modified to your liking. It will never just go away or stop working. The only downside is previous feedback cannot be adjusted to the itrader system, no matter how hard you try it simply cannot be done. I have tried rewriting the code and all that jazz and the database entries just dont match up. Here is what i suggest happens and what i suggest all my clients who install itrader after already having a system.

Start a thread stating that if you want your old feedback transfered you must provide links in 1 post to your deals. Once confirmed, all they need to use is create a new user profile field under itrader and call it All-Time Feedback. This will reflect all feedback and then the itrader system will reflect your new ratings on the new system.

Mattdawg18

Schmoozerator on SBZ

For those that say that if the develops stop supporting it then it will go away are wrong. the Code is already written and can be modified to your liking. It will never just go away or stop working. The only downside is previous feedback cannot be adjusted to the itrader system, no matter how hard you try it simply cannot be done. I have tried rewriting the code and all that jazz and the database entries just dont match up. Here is what i suggest happens and what i suggest all my clients who install itrader after already having a system.

Start a thread stating that if you want your old feedback transfered you must provide links in 1 post to your deals. Once confirmed, all they need to use is create a new user profile field under itrader and call it All-Time Feedback. This will reflect all feedback and then the itrader system will reflect your new ratings on the new system.

You lost me after the word addition.:D

Rawyzf

<font color="blue">Coach</font>
I delete my old FS threads, so I am guessing I can't leave feedback for those buyers?

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
I delete my old FS threads, so I am guessing I can't leave feedback for those buyers?

Yes, the thread link is optional, one does not have to have one while we are updating old feedback. After 90 days we will require a link. This is to get everyone's feedback caught up.

Rawyzf

Yes, the thread link is optional, one does not have to have one while we are updating old feedback. After 90 days we will require a link. This is to get everyone's feedback caught up.

Is there a way to leave feedback for multiple people at once? This would help cut down the time to "Back Track".

If not, is there a short cut to do leaving the feedback? Seem like you have to do 5 clicks to get ot the screen to leave feedback for someone.

Search, profile, Feedback, leave feedback, submit...etc.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans

Sounds like some ridiculous jargon. You want an easy solution? People need to quit being ****ing pricks and make good on deals. At that point, no reason for feedback since everyone would be GTG.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
i saw that, its basically a 2nd system there for no real purpose other than to have it there even though its been said over and over that coach doesn't want a lot of extra add ons and that the current feedback system works. am i wrong?

You are correct, feels good knowing you are right sometimes doesn't it? :)

The reason I added it is because I have been given more free reign over the forums and I want to add a feature that has been long overdue. You don't have to take part in it, its an added feature of the site not a required participation in it.

Joker

Sounds like some ridiculous jargon. You want an easy solution? People need to quit being ****ing pricks and make good on deals. At that point, no reason for feedback since everyone would be GTG.

people need to do their research and stop being lazy too

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Is there a way to leave feedback for multiple people at once? This would help cut down the time to "Back Track".

If not, is there a short cut to do leaving the feedback? Seem like you have to do 5 clicks to get ot the screen to leave feedback for someone.

Search, profile, Feedback, leave feedback, submit...etc.

I had a GTG list that made it much easier.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yep. I'm doing mine right now. It's really easy. If these guys had spent as much time inputting their GTG's as they have whining about it, they'd be done by now. IJS.

Rawyzf

I shoulda done that from the start.

I am just doing a search on threads that I started where I left feedback. There are 20 pages, and that dates back to 2009. I think I am just going to do 2011, 2010. I'm already tired of doing this after 7 pages worth.

I got around 600 deals done here...way to lazy to go back for all of those. Just going to keep my old gtg list and use itrader from here.

***This place should have had itrader a long time ago. Been on a couple different forums that use it and it seems to be a very good reference point***

tony67

Can't even buy a hit!
How are we going to get gtg rating from people that are banned? I have done a lot of deals with people that aren't on here any more.

tony67

Can't even buy a hit!
I got around 600 deals done here...way to lazy to go back for all of those. Just going to keep my old gtg list and use itrader from here.

***This place should have had itrader a long time ago. Been on a couple different forums that use it and it seems to be a very good reference point***

This is what I will do too.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year

There are reasons why it was not used prior. Hopefully people find it very useful and it sticks.

single wally

Professional Amateur
From here on I'll use iTrader, and for my own historical feedback people will just have to refer to all my GTG feedback in the sales section, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.