Things that drive you crazy

jimrat201

Addicted to Softballfans
Player on the other team was running to 3rd on a triple and a relay throw was coming from the cutoff and accidently hits the guy in the head as he is sliding into 3rd base, opposing team comes out of dugout ready to throw knuckles lol
I think its funny how people think you are purposely trying hurt someone

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
stupid threads

Debby%20Downer_zpszqwlxvlb.jpg

Everything about non-force plays in softball. Runners don't slide. People throwing to the base making high throws. Fielders attempting to make tags never have any clue how to properly apply a tag.

What should happen: throw one hops in knee high, fielder catches it just on runner side of the bag and drops the glove down in front of the bag to catch the sliding runners foot coming into the base.

What actually happens: fielder throws one head high, basemen flails glove arm wildly at incoming runner and hits the non-sliding inbound runner right in the balls. Seriously, I watched 4 different people take a glove to the balls this year.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Everything about non-force plays in softball. Runners don't slide. People throwing to the base making high throws. Fielders attempting to make tags never have any clue how to properly apply a tag.

What should happen: throw one hops in knee high, fielder catches it just on runner side of the bag and drops the glove down in front of the bag to catch the sliding runners foot coming into the base.

What actually happens: fielder throws one head high, basemen flails glove arm wildly at incoming runner and hits the non-sliding inbound runner right in the balls. Seriously, I watched 4 different people take a glove to the balls this year.
If that inbound runner is sliding he's getting a glove to the face

blakcherry329

Not hustling. Not hitting the cutoff man. Teams hitting middle up by 20. Teams not tagging up from 3rd up by 20. Switch hitting when you're not a switch hitter. No HR rule in "E". Just doesn't make sense to me.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
1). It's just league night comments. If it is just league night then WTF are you here! 2). Lack of Hustle.. The first is usually the answer to the second.

Banero

Addicted to Softballfans
When you are beating a team by 10 runs, knowing they are capable of coming back, and they get pissy cause you take second on a solid single that the OF bobbles the ball.

MaverickAH

Angel Fernandez type umpires.........clueless with a hot head lol

Something I learned a long time ago...........

If you do what you have to do, keep your cool, make your plays & hit the rock, you have nothing to worry about with an umpire, good or bad. I don't care what kind of attitude or how competent. An umpire can't take a clean base hit away from you. If you give them something close, just expect them to f' it up & keep it moving.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
As an umpire, guys on really crappy teams who try to take an extra base on every hit. They get thrown out more often than not and whine that I "blew the call". No, bozo. I got the call right. You should have stayed where you were. They don't slide either.

Oh, and guys who are good players but play lousy/lazy in league. If you're not going to put forth the effort, stay home. I'll agree league isn't as serious as a tourny, but it's still a good place to practice stuff.

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
Things that drive you crazy...where to start haha....

Biggest one would be the No effort, "We're just here to have fun" players... Yeah well there are 5 other people on the team who had to arrange babysitters, and some people even manipulated work schedules, to be here and dont think its much "fun" to have someone not give a crap...

jhitman

I play in a lot of 50+ leagues and the thing that irks me are as follows: 1) seems like 2/3 of the team needs a pinch runner. It really slows the game down to a snails pace. 2) People don't hustle out to the field which also slows the game down. 3) catcher's having conversations with the umpire instead of quickly getting the ball back to the pitcher. 4) catchers missing every single pitch and having to go back to the backstop to retrieve the ball. We can't start an inning after 60 minutes and we've wasted at least an inning's worth of play with all of these issues.

Dogue

Evil Genius
I play in a lot of 50+ leagues and the thing that irks me are as follows: 1) seems like 2/3 of the team needs a pinch runner. It really slows the game down to a snails pace. 2) People don't hustle out to the field which also slows the game down. 3) catcher's having conversations with the umpire instead of quickly getting the ball back to the pitcher. 4) catchers missing every single pitch and having to go back to the backstop to retrieve the ball. We can't start an inning after 60 minutes and we've wasted at least an inning's worth of play with all of these issues.
All of this ^^^

Add: 5) Umps talking to family/friends/spectators when everyone is ready to play. 6) Guys not knowing when they're up to bat and it's the 3rd time through the order.