Recent content by -TheHook-

1. -TheHook-

Worst advice you've ever gotten...........

I was an OF'er for my skinny days and have moved to the IF for fatboy days. I've seen both sides of this. As an OF'er I'm with you. I can't stand them yelling stuff from the infield, but as soon as I set foot on that damn infield it seems like a license to tell the OF what to do. lol. I try...
  2. -TheHook-

Thoughts on shortstop

About 4 years ago I played Tourney ball with a guy that was probably one of the top 5 infielders I've ever played with. No fear, great hands, exceptional arm, could play any position on the field. In a tournament he got one of those bad hops playing third. It was a one-hopper missile that with...
  3. -TheHook-

The era of the 52, can you say old school

I get what the OP is saying... I used to love watching my Dad and Uncles play upper level ball. You never saw guys accidentally hit HR's like you do today. Especially 165lbers. They do need to adjust the ball, but they have too watch going to far. Some of these 52 balls seem to get bouncy as...
  4. -TheHook-

What does hitting the middle mean?

We hit middle in tourneys around here, but we try to stay out of it during league. Tourneys you should be good enough to defend the middle and yourself or you need to get off the bump. Also there is a difference between hitting middle and hitting at a pitcher. Hitting middle can be left...
  5. -TheHook-

400 ft

I've seen myself do it... and I was like damn that's Hawt!! :D
  6. -TheHook-

Avoid sports 55!

Sorry to revive this but we've been with Sports 55 for 2 years. 2 horrible years. The first one was bad so they offered us a decent price to do a 2nd year so we tried them again. Mistake. 1st year They were late as hell getting any set of uni's in, so late that we had to wear shirts we...
  7. -TheHook-

Sports55: Caveat emptor

That's just it. They pick and choose who they'll do good work for. I've seen teams in our own area that have had fine experiences with them, but then the next week I'll see 5 teams that have been screwed. More and more all the stories I'm hearing are bad. Sad really. How they've stayed in...
  8. -TheHook-

Sports55: Caveat emptor

You hate to resort to litigation since everything in this world goes that way anymore, but these idiots need their ass sued off. Afterwards they need their ass kicked. Ridiculous.
  9. -TheHook-

Lost $1 bet last night.

Brag Post? LMK :rolleyes:
  10. -TheHook-

how long do shaved bats last?

:confused: If someone needs a shaved bat for a homerun derby they aren't a homerun hitter. FAIL.
  11. -TheHook-

Walk the Box. Why?

This was exactly what I did too. Helped me learn opposite field but once I started tourney play I stopped. I felt I lost power and the ability to pull the ball as well.
  12. -TheHook-

Right Fielders...

With a name like Country I figured you for a big bastard. We have a guy named Country here that is 6'5ish about 350ish. Mashes. Oh and hot hot avatar!:eek:
  13. -TheHook-

How often should I hit the Cages?

Every 4 hours but not more than 3 times a day.
  14. -TheHook-

Jose Canseco Swinging the GTL Cartel !!

If you mute the video it's almost worth watching.