Search results

1. A

Any Is a Don Joy rigid brace not allowed for slowpitch sanctions?

I have a torn ACL, and have been wearing a Don Joy rigid brace for sports ever since. I've played in many league games, and even SPN (Canadian association) and SPO (affliated with USSSA), and saw other players wearing that. Never a problem. In a recent league game, a new umpire saw me and said...
  2. A

USSSA Fair or Foul? 1B fielder touched pop fly in foul territory, ball dropped to fair.

Batter/Runner hits a pop fly to foul territory. The 1B fielder tried to catch, touch the ball in foul territory (his entire body, and where he touched the ball, was foul), but didn't catch the ball and the ball dropped into and stayed in fair.
  3. A

USSSA 1B fielder catches ball in front of BR, ump calls obstruction?

Batter/runner hits ground ball toward SS. SS throws the ball wide, 1B fielder steps into the base path and caught the ball, then the BR runs into him. (They're ok, hugged each other to prevent falling) We all thought it's an out, but ump calls the fielder for obstructing by being in the base...
  4. A

Is 3B runner out, crossed committment line before fly ball caught?

One out. Runner at 3B. A flyball is hit. Runner at 3B thought it won't be caught and runs home, crossing both the commitment line and safe line at home. Fielder made a nice diving catch. Runner runs back to 3B. Ump calls this runner out, for having crossed the commitment line and therefore...
  5. A

Does run count, 3rd out for runner not tagging on fly ball?

One out. Runners at 1B and 3B. A fly ball is hit to outfield and is caught. Runner at 3B tagged and runs home. Runner at 1B left the base and was thrown out at 1B for not tagging up (after runner at 3B crossed the line at home). Does the run count?
  6. A

Any Intentionally dropped ball?

With less than 2 outs, runner at 1B, or runners at 1B and 3B. A fly ball or a line drive is intentionally dropped by a fielder, so they can make a double play. What should an umpire call? Thanks.
  7. A

Other How come SPN is not reference much here?

SPN is big in Toronto. Many leagues and lots of tournaments. Is SPN not big in the US? Just wondering why SPN is not referenced much in this forum, for sanction/rules.
  8. A

Any Ground ball, runner runs in front of fielder, when is it inteference?

This happens often when: * ground ball is hit between 1B and 2B; runner from 1B runs in front of the 1B or 2B fielder, toward 2B. or * ground ball is hit between 2B and 3B; runner from 2B runs in front of SS or 3B fielder, toward 3B. Because the runner blocks the fielder from seeing...
  9. A

Any 1B fielder standing on part of the orange?

This is for a church rec co-ed league. Safety is important. On the initial play to 1B, the 1B fielder moves backward to touch 1B. S/he is supposed to touch the white part of the safety 1B bag, but unintentionally has several inches of his foot sticking out of the white part, into the orange...
  10. A

Leagues in Palo Alto area Jan-Apr/04?

Are there leagues playing in Jan-Apr/04, around Palo Alto area? My son is going there for an internship. Thanks.
  11. A

Mizuno Samurai catchers mitt

At the World Jr. Women's Championships in Brampton, ON, I talked to the Mizuno rep at the Mizuno booth. There was one nice black catchers mitt that I looked at. The rep said it's a new 2014 mitt, that's newly available. It has a thumb protection that is like a hard shell around the thumb...
  12. A

Mizuno AX4 bats?

Mizuno AX4 bats? (only bat used by the Japan Jr. Women's team) Was at the opening day of the Int'l Jr Women's Championships at Brampton, ON, Canada today. Saw the game between Japan and China, where Japan squeezed out a 1-0 win. The entire Japan team was using only one type of bat, the...
  13. A

What kind of glue for helmet padding?

On some helmets we have, the padding had come off, or some padding have ripped. Where there are rips, most glue will harden and will be hard against the skin. What kind of glue will dry up soft or rubbery? Thanks.
  14. A

Any When can you tag up when OF bobbles the ball?

On a fly ball, can a runner begin to run as soon as the fly ball is touched by an outfielder, even though if the ball is bobbled and then eventually caught? This is to clarify at what point the runner is cosidered to have tagged up. Thanks.
  15. A

Price Check Worth OG orange Mayhem 28oz, NIW

Got a NIW, returnable, Worth OG orange Mayhem, may98, Made in USA, 28oz. What would this be worth? Would also be interested to trade for Phoenix 34/26, or Easton scn1b 34/24. Thanks.
  16. A

ASA After a runner crosses the committment line, can he crosses back, then to safeline?

This is for slow pitch, where a committment line and safe line are used. If a runner crosses the committment line, s/he is committed to go home. But can the runner cross back the committment line toward 3B, then re-cross the committment line then over the safe line before the throw to HP? I...
  17. A

ASA Fastpitch; runner at 3B, BR walks and can round 1B to 2B

In ASA fastpitch, when there's a runner at 3B and the BR gets a walk, that is the one situation we can get the BR to get down to 1B fast then round toward 2B in one continuous motion, even if the pitcher has the ball in the pitcher's circle. Some coaches are arguing this cannot be done and BR...
  18. A

ASA Multi-base hit does the B/R have to touch white of 1B?

Safety base is used at 1B. If the B/Rgets a multi-base hit, when rouding 1B, does the BR have to touch the white, or touching the orange is fine? Today I was told the BR needs to touch the white, otherwise it can be appealed and the BR is out. Just wanted make sure that is correct. Thanks.
  19. A

ASA Fastpitch multiple leadoffs, who's out?

If there are multiple leadoffs, is the first one caught the one out, or the lead runner of those who lead off out? I had thought it's the leadoff runner, in this case. But if dead ball is called say the first runner at 1B, then the 2B runner came off just after, isn't it supposed to be dead...
  20. A

ASA After play at 1B, is the entire base (white and orage) playable?

On the initial play at 1B, the BR needs to touch only orange and fielder only the white part of the safebase. But after the play, or if no play at 1B, does the entire base become playable by both fielder and runner? That is, if the BR is already safe at 1B then takes a few steps toward 2B. I...