Search results

1. C

Best grip for new bat

I got a couple Crush 2's that I use in league play only. They are getting hard to come by. Anyway, a guy showed up at a pick-up game yesterday and knows I am partial to Mizuno. He pulls out a like-new Envy. Sells it to me for $17.00. All I had on me at the time. He wanted $25.00. I want to put...
  2. C

Ultra II

I see a lot of Miken Ultra II red max loads and the black Ultras in the dugout. Also the Reebok Me'lee's a light green bat is pretty hot. One player I know said he has broken two of the Me'lee's already. Don't know if that is factual but no reason to doubt him.
  3. C

OF glove.

TJ1952-L is 13.5". Great glove for the OF.
  4. C

Anyone want a PJV16?

The PJV16 is to die for. I want a red one but the TJ1952-L I use is just fine for now. I hope you find a lucky soul to pick it up. I thought they were $199.00.
  5. C

Nokona vs. Vinci

Both gloves are in my opinion, "high quality" gloves. I have an AMG400 (14") Nokona that is perfect for the outfield. That glove is used with two in the pinky and grabs everything in the air. The Vinci TJ1952-L is 13.5" and is used with the index finger out (closed flexable back). I would...
  6. C

Squeaking?

Mine sqeaks. I think all good quality leather gloves do this. Doesn't bother me.
  7. C

Vinci Pricing

Don't forget.... Vinci has "e-bay" sales too. Chad is your man for any questions on gloves that don't show up on e-bay.
  8. C

outfielders glove for a kid

Any of the BRV's. Outfield hardball, 12 yrs old... BRV1957. 10.5" I-Web. open back.
  9. C

Softball Gloves

Save a little more and get a VINCI.
  10. C

Anderson BP

I also want a Red PJV16 but am enjoying the heck out of the TJ1952-L. Maybe next spring. It took over a month to mold (shape) the TJ like I want a glove to be, so if I do get the PJV, it will be early spring. I will have plenty of time to get 'er broke in.
  11. C

thanks vinci group

It is not just on SBF... pretty much most forums lend to keyboard "tough guys". Pathetic. However, for the most part (always some isolated cases) the guys that do the research and get Vincis are mature. Stick around.
  12. C

Benefits of closed back, also called Fastback

I have never used an open back glove in all the years of playing softball. If you watch the MLB players, it is pretty much 50/50. What I do like with the flexable closed back (TJ1952-L) is that I swear to God, when you put in on your hand, you do NOT want to take it off. It, the Vinci design...
  13. C

crush 2 return?

Sent Mizuno a Crush2 28oz and they replaced it with a 14" Frenzy2 28oz. model 340208. You can tape a letter on the barrel of the bad bat and request a different weight. Don't know if they will do it. This was 8 months ago. I am still searching for a NIW 28oz Crush2.
  14. C

red vinci?

Red teejay.
  15. C

Nokona Glove Choices...

You made a good choice. I love the Walnut Nokona I have. Word of advice... I think they come from Nokona already oiled. Don't put anything on the glove. Use it and form it the way you want it to be. They can become pretty soft pretty quick if you start adding any kind of conditioning process...
  16. C

Good AVG.

If you are batting .600 you are above average and considered an asset to the teams offense. .700 and you are talked about. .800 and you get your name in news letters and other stuff.
  17. C

What Size Glove Do You Use

If you only have one glove and play multiple postions, I would go with a 12.75".
  18. C

Breaking in Your New Vinci Glove

One other process that I didn't do years ago with my first good glove was to apply conditioner in the inside palm and finger area. Why? I sweat and after two seasons, the glove really started to crack. I now use a little neatsfoot. I just put it on my palm and fingers, insert my hand in the...
  19. C

13.5" or Bigger Glove

TJ1952-L is a great glove at any price and I think Vinci has a "buy a glove, get a free pair of Vinci sunglasses" promotion going on. Check out Vincipro.com.
  20. C

Offical Glove Review Thread?

Brand/Make/Model/Size: Vinci Softball RHT TJ1952-L Red 13.5" Breakin process/Time spent: Do Vinci's ever really get broken in? Used Vinci glove conditioner on pocket area once when I received the glove. Applied Lexol Neatsfoot leather dressing on all of the lacings. I always keep a...