Search results

1. Gulf Coast Blue

2017 HR derby

I scented $10,000 what do I get?
  2. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Is There An Maximum Arc Limit In Fast Pitch

An arced change up can be a bread and butter pitch for a girl that throws smoke. Seen many a hitter look foolish when they get that pitch. ;)
  3. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Runner called out base line

If the defender did not meet the definition of a tag, the runner could have run to center field and still been good. ;)
  4. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Runner called out base line

I would not have called it. Look up the definition of tag.
  5. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA After Being Hit By Pitch Batter Still Wanted To Bat

I raised 3 daughters who all played FP at various skill levels and each had their abilities. ALL of them were proficient by 12U. One was recruited by many schools.....the other two.....graduated from college in different fields. ;) Even the highly recruited one was shunned once they found...
  6. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA After Being Hit By Pitch Batter Still Wanted To Bat

12 years old is well beyond the age that these players should be playing by the correct rules. I cannot tell you the number of times at the State tournament level that clueless coaches and players are hurt by their "local" rules. i.e. - Overthrown ball hits the fence is dead and runners may...
  7. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Double play throw hits runner

Stretch....I umpired my first game in 1978....Jr. Teenage Baseball and within that year moved to American Legion. There are some of us that have been umpiring a long time. Sadly, I am no longer one of them. Joel
  8. Gulf Coast Blue

Any What should the umpire have done?

One thing an umpire cannot do, is reverse the call of another umpire. Umpires can, and do, change their own calls as needed...which is why all requests need to go through the umpire who made the original call.
  9. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Over running first base

WTF does an NFHS small ball interpretation have to do with FP Softball? Jeez..
  10. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Umpire Equipment

Will do Dave. I was going to do that as soon as I got everything together. Still a lot of stuff in Texas City and not moved everything here to Pleak yet. Probably will in the next week or so. And you never know......Mike has at least one new knee and is still involved. Only time will...
  11. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Umpire Equipment

Patrick......I am at about 80%. But my pain is also up about there too. Remodeling my Mom's house after she passed away was the greatest thing for me. I climbed up and down ladders about 10,000 times (ok....not that many, but you get the idea). I lost about 40 lbs. which was good, but...
  12. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Umpire Equipment

I doubt you are interested in why I am getting rid of my stuff.....but, I will tell you anyway. d;-) I have been having some hip issues the last couple of years....simple arthritis. Family has no heart disease, cancer, diabetes, ALS, MS, MD, or any of the other acronyms.....but "Arthritis...
  13. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Umpire Equipment

I will be putting together a bunch of Umpire stuff I will have for sale in the next week or so. Among the items will be some ASA and other shirts......L and XL. I have more. I also have three XL dual pocket Elbeco shirts.......two ASA and one from my old HS association. It is so long ago...
  14. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Black edge area of home plate

If the ball hits the black area it also hit the white. Use you local rules to figure it out from there. Joel
  15. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Coach, I didn't see it.

You played USFA......enough said.
  16. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Arguments and Threats

Knock it off has always worked for me. I have never had a real blow up on a field in a few thousand games. I will preface this with.....at a charity tournament a dozen or so years ago at another field....our Regional ASA UIC ejected about 15 players during a game. It is still talked about...
  17. Gulf Coast Blue

USSSA General Umpiring question

I was not allowed to call High School ball for eight years in my District due to daughters playing. I did call some in surrounding districts on nights my daughters did not play. The nepotism/favoritism rule goes so far in Texas that you cannot call in a district that a spouse works in......for...
  18. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Ground rule double

Ha.......that was going to be my question.
  19. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Orange Bag at first

That is correct......a runner is assumed to have touched the base once they have passed it. After that an appeal is necessary.
  20. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Foul tip to catcher

Wow......they took it up a notch.......lol I do see a contradiction there.......What are SPA rules? I am quite familiar with your area.....just not Slow Pitch.......Commuted to the Metroplex for about five years. Corporate office in FW and worked with call center training in Plano.