Search results

1. Superstar555

Do you lift before a game?

I usually don't lift before a game, but these days I'm playing 3-4 days a week and it's really cutting into my workouts. BTW: I'm old AF.
  2. Superstar555

Vinci Rep?

Holla at me via PM please.
  3. Superstar555

LTB ASA + Heavy (30oz) + Hot + < $100

I don't want to pay the $$$ for new only to figure out I hate heavy bats. No cut sticks, must pass compression.
  4. Superstar555

Heavy Bats?

Looking to play around with a heavy (30oz+) ASA new-stamp bat. Any suggestions on a hot+heavy ASA stick? Seems most of the performance bats I see being used stop at 28-29oz.
  5. Superstar555

Stupid League Rules

I play league COED with my GF and the league just implemented a new rule for this season: "When a female is batting, all outfielders must be positioned equidistant from home plate." In other words, no rover or single outfielders playing up is allowed. All OF can play up, or no OF can play...
  6. Superstar555

@ USSSA Pitchers

You guys are either studs or crazy. I play ASA...a lot. Sometimes 5 games a week, and I pitch in most of them. Got a call from a buddy asking if I would sub for his "D" USSSA team in league play as their usual pitcher and the backup were both going to miss the game. Sure, no problem. I...
  7. Superstar555

"Sorry Pitch"

Do you apologize or not for a hard shot up the middle? I'm a pitcher and apologize for head-high stuff only. I never TRY to hit the pitcher, so my apology is more for my lack of bat control than the result. It seems like different geographic areas have different unspoken rules on the matter.
  8. Superstar555

Brag Post

I turned an unassisted triple-play at 1B last nite. No outs, runners at 1 and 2. Short fly to RF into a 10MPH wind...looks to be an easy blooper so both runners go without tagging. Wind pushes it back to me for an over-the-shoulder catch (first out). I touch first (second out) and then...
  9. Superstar555

Easton SP14B4 or Combat Portent PORSP3

They seem pretty well matched, was wondering if anyone had swung both and had a preference. I'm currently swinging a well-used 27oz SRV4 but would like to get a new stamp model before the season starts.
  10. Superstar555

Ditched my GF : Still roll CoED?

Is there some kind of common way to handle this? I know I'm not the first for this... I got her into SB. She joined a Coed team. She invited me to join this team. It's developmental rec coed, so I'm by far the best player on the team. I broke up with her after 3 years. We have 3 games left in...
  11. Superstar555

LTB 26/27oz 2014 DeMarini Flipper Aftermath

Whatcha' got SBF?
  12. Superstar555

Differences Pitching USSSA vs ASA?

I've been asked to pitch a USSSA game as a sub, but have never pitched outside of ASA before. I checked Google and didn't find anything that jumped out at me...anyone have a list of the differences from a pitching perspective?
  13. Superstar555

Drilled while pitching...

...in the foot. I wear more body armor than RoboCop, and I'll be damned if some guy doesn't go and drill me in the instep Friday nite. And InB4UseYourGlove...I'm 6'4"...it's a long way from my glove to my shoe. Anyway...cool story bro'.
  14. Superstar555

Gear up for Rec COED?

My GF asked me to pitch her rec COED team this season and I can't decide whether it's worth wearing my helmet or not. I mean, if I was pitching to mashers there wouldn't be a question, but I'm not sure about doing so in rec COED...
  15. Superstar555

LTB XL Full Sub Dye Jersey (Black)

Not really concerned with number...let me know what you got.
  16. Superstar555

UCL Injury?

Anyone else have one? I have self-diagnosed mine but can't really tell if it is torn completely so I'd like to hear from board bro's who have been here before and can tell me what to look for. Yes, I know I need to go to the doctor, but he is just going to have me get an MRI that I would...
  17. Superstar555

New ASA TRIAD

My first swing with a Bro's new bat was a legit 350'.* It had been ~12 months since my last HR so to say these new ASA bats are stupid hot would be an understatement. I've always been an Easton guy...but I am wavering after swinging this thing. * Full disclosure, it was ~ 50F at game time.
  18. Superstar555

Tough Nite on the Bump

My coach got into with the ump BEFORE the game even started last nite. I have no idea what over, but he had a verbal before the exchange of the game balls was over. Needless to say, the zone got Cheerio sized and I walked 4 in 2. I pulled myself after 3 and the next guy did the same after I...
  19. Superstar555

Bad Umps and Good Pitchers.

Pitchers, how do you deal with terrible umps? I'm not even talking about a blue that will squeeze you into a zone the size of a BB, I'm talking about umps that have no consistent zone all night. I know this is a whine post, but dammit, nothing frustrates me more than feeling like I have zero...
  20. Superstar555

Price Check 27 Oz Riches Superior TPS PowerDome

No dents or waves. I'd rate condition @ 85% or better. I removed the grip and taped it instead. Been sitting in my garage for many years... Looks just like this one: