Search results

1. LetTheBigDogEat

New Gadget

is there a different one for each sport, or one that does them all?
  2. LetTheBigDogEat

How many walks is too many?

who is he walking, when is he walking them? are the walks turning into runs? more variables than just how many
  3. LetTheBigDogEat

Adjusting to ASA swing

the best way to adjust to different arcs is really simple..... see the ball, hit the ball. it's coming in at freaking 12mph
  4. LetTheBigDogEat

fundraising tournament idea

farthest hit in the air? final resting place? i've never heard of one, seems like it'd be difficult to mark the distance on each. unless you just leave each batters furthest ball laying out and mark it
  5. LetTheBigDogEat

A grown man did this

team opened up middle on me a few years ago. guy on my team hits middle away most of the time anyways, had been around the pitcher 3 times that night but nothing he could even touch. he led off the next inning after they opened it up, right past the pitchers knee... halfway to first, glove goes...
  6. LetTheBigDogEat

Best advise given or received

see the ball hit the ball
  7. LetTheBigDogEat

Something like the new Easton grip tape

im not sure what the 2013 bats have, but i know easton sells several different tapes online and in stores. i think VRS is their "top of the line" right now, but not sure
  8. LetTheBigDogEat

Something like the new Easton grip tape

i think you can buy easton grip tape
  9. LetTheBigDogEat

worst you've seen an ump get drilled?

not exactly sure how it happened, but an ump got his jaw broken by a throw from the OF one night on the field beside us.
  10. LetTheBigDogEat

What would you want?

just depends how i've been hitting recently. been in the opportunity to be the shake hand man, walk it off, or pass it back many times. sometimes i love it, at times i've dreaded it due to slumping
  11. LetTheBigDogEat

annoying softball guy

stumbled across a facebook page with the same name as thread title. slam full of great memes. check it out https://www.facebook.com/AnnoyingSoftballGuy
  12. LetTheBigDogEat

Best softball sayings you hear in games!!

several good ones.... when i snap one off up the middle - "it's closed" batter hits fly ball - immediately start singing "straight up" by paula abdul fielder makes an error - yell out loud at your runners "he threw it down" (this one really gets under peoples skin) when they make a throw...
  13. LetTheBigDogEat

5 man vs 4 man

this, i play in 2 leagues, 1 is church (20ish teams) and one is a highly competitive open league (40+ teams, 4 divisions). we play in the top division in the open league, most guys also play tournament ball. that team runs a 5 man near flawlessly, everyone knows who has what bag and what balls...
  14. LetTheBigDogEat

52 core balls?

see the ball, hit the ball. that's it. if the ball is going to make a big difference in your game, you arent that good. end of discussion.
  15. LetTheBigDogEat

Less sandbagging in the upper leagues?

our league puts teams in divisions based on previous yr performance. we have 4 divisions. 1 is obviously the best, 4 the worst. you dont get much in the way of d1 players sandbagging. guys with that skill level, want to be the best, and to be the best, you've got to beat the best. they know...
  16. LetTheBigDogEat

Go up there with a plan, or just swing away?

go up with a general idea of what i want to do. we have a 1-1 starting count. if the first pitch isnt there, i lay off, unless it's wheelhouse and RISP. then i let it rip. if i dont get a meatball or the pitch i want on first strike and now have 2 on me. i hit it where it's pitched