Things that drive you crazy

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd rather pitch stadiums than classic M's below sixty degrees. They're hard as rocks and I still think they knuckle and move differently than any other ball I've ever played with.

Country469

Arguing a ball or strike as a pitcher often works out to me getting what I want later in the game, so you can just EAD while I point out where the ump messed up.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I pitch as well. I'll shake my head at a call once in a while. Arguing rarely does anything other than irritate the ump.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'd rather pitch stadiums than classic M's below sixty degrees. They're hard as rocks and I still think they knuckle and move differently than any other ball I've ever played with.

This is true. I'm not sure what it is with classic Ms, but they really do knuckle more off the bat than other balls. They're my least favorite balls to hit. I'd much rather hit .52s.

And below 60 degrees you won't find a harder ball than classic Ms.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Guys that go 1 for 5 & think that they did something because the 1 was a HR.

Guys that knock in 5 runs on offense & give up 10 runs on defense! :mad:

Yes, the guy in league who hits a HR or two early in the season and then flies out 27 times trying to hit another...... all the while regaling teammates with the sensationalized story of that 1 early season HR.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't stand bull****ters, either. I actually told a guy that I've known for a couple of years that he's full of **** and I can't stand him. I usually hold my tongue and just ignore guys I don't like but he was gloating about how "dirty" his slapped infield single was (after he popped up weakly to left in his first at bat). I told him it was probably his best hit of the tournament, and he told me he'd hit 14 homeruns in the 6 games they'd played that day. He's strong but he has a terrible swing that leads to a lot of inconsistency.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I can't stand bull****ters, either. I actually told a guy that I've known for a couple of years that he's full of **** and I can't stand him. I usually hold my tongue and just ignore guys I don't like but he was gloating about how "dirty" his slapped infield single was (after he popped up weakly to left in his first at bat). I told him it was probably his best hit of the tournament, and he told me he'd hit 14 homeruns in the 6 games they'd played that day. He's strong but he has a terrible swing that leads to a lot of inconsistency.

We all know these people. The guys who you've played with, so you know they suck. Yet they tell tall tales of 500' HRs that you know didn't happen. They get upset when you call their proclaimed accomplishments into doubt.

jhitman

4-3 COUNT !!!! REALLY IS THAT NECESSARY !!!! (probably been stated all ready but didn't read every post)

We start with a 1-1 count and stick pretty strictly to the 65 minute time limit. If it's not a church league or beer league I think everyone should run for themselves. We have people that get pinch runners just because the pinch runners are faster. There should at least be limits. If a guy can run the outfield he doesn't need a pinch runner.

Last edited:

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
Driving 20 minutes to play in a joke of a league because it's the only thing around. So now we only have 1 game per night and I MIGHT get 2 ab's. Or driving to said field to find out that half of our team is gone but the guy who sat the bench in little league is in charge so he bats me 10th and all of his buddies who are filling in at the top of the lineup. So guys who paid bat last and the fill ins bat at the top. And the kicker is that they SUCK!!!!!! The dude batting 4th couldn't even hit one out of the infield!!! Not even in bp before the game.

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
One has a "short porch" in left and LC that has a hill, then a ditch and then a parking lot. Field rule is if it rolls into the parking lot it's a ground rule double, on the fly it's a hr. As a hitter I love it, as an outfielder I hate it

B Dawk

Addicted to Softballfans
This, and outfielders who hold onto the ball........THROW THE ****ING BALL IN!

This! As a pitcher it's infuriating to watch an outfielder field the ball and then just hang on to it. Sometimes they'll kick it up a notch and do that "I dare you to take second" pump fake thing. Maddening.

Not to pile on the outfielders too much, but it drives me absolutely crazy when an outfielder won't charge a line drive/hard hit ground ball that gets through the infield. Instead of charging the ball and holding the guy to a single, they just stand in the same spot waiting for the ball to get to them. The Benny Hill theme song starts playing in my head whenever this happens. Talk about giving a guy an easy double.

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
I hate when an outfielder gives up on a fly ball or a line drive and it ends up damn near landing at their feet

bbaum17

Starting Player
Paying $350 sanction tournament fee for 7 game round robin, have two teams no-show and now get a portion of your money back for the 2 games, and only get 1 umpire per game.