Search results

1. BBBD1969

LTB Senior stick

LTB a senior stick as a back-up to my primary. Prefer 27oz & endloaded and one piece if possible. (Currently swing a yellow melee). As long as its not all webbed up and cracked I will consider it. Only play a fun tourney or two a year now and one 20-game season. Just need something in...
  2. BBBD1969

Intentionally Walked...in rec league

So we're down 16-5 to a tourney team playing in our rec league (allegedly they finished 12 out of 67 at States recently), 2 guys on base, bottom 5th, and they intentionally walk me. Maybe they were scared of the ever popular 12-run HR? Intentional walks in rec league. Holy cow...
  3. BBBD1969

How to raise great hitters

Been reading all the threads about knucklers, change-ups, super-spinners, and other assorted pitches that just make this game of underhand slow-pitch softball so dern hard, and I had an epiphany. There is probably no hope for us, but there IS hope for our children. Think about this: when we...
  4. BBBD1969

Batting 10 vs Batting 11--You decide

Assuming 2 evenly matched teams in double-elim tourney ball. Team A bats 10, Team B bats 11. At plate appearance 11 for each team, Team A has their leadoff up, Team B has their #11 hitter up. At plate appearances 21 & 22, Team A has their 1-2 hitters up, Team B has their 10 & 11 hitters...
  5. BBBD1969

Price Check 27oz 2013 MV-1

About 100 swings, returnable no receipt. No issues other than ball marks. Thanks.
  6. BBBD1969

How many pics?

Hey just a general question for selling bats. How many pics are enough pics? I'm selling a Cartel. I posted 4 pics---close up of both sides of the barrel, straight shot of endcap and a close up of a tiny chip I found in the endcap. None of the pics shows the handle, but I assure you its...
  7. BBBD1969

For Sale 28oz Returnable Cartel

Bat is returnable no receipt. 28oz Cartel with approximately 300 swings on it, all Classic Ms. OG grip removed, I added a knob cuff and taped over it. Thing is broken in (I think). Selling it because I don't swing it except in BP---I have a Titan and a different Cartel I swing instead in...
  8. BBBD1969

When karma gets ya!

I have a neighbor--he's an older guy--who used to play a lot of competitive softball, although mostly fast pitch. Anyway he heard I was playing softball again, we were both outside working on our yards Tuesday, and he came over and asked me how the team was going. I told him that we'd only...
  9. BBBD1969

That didn't take long

Got picked up on a coed team and we played a scrimmage game last night. League is USSSA, so I was swinging a Resmondo Titan. Hit 2 HRs, and after the second HR heard a few guys on the other team said something like "check the bat" or some other such nonsense. My wife and kids were there...
  10. BBBD1969

Getcha some Gurus

I'm not one for shilling but man, ordered some Guru Classic Ms and first of all Jim was great. Shot him an email, he called me about an hour later, and two days later the balls arrived. Used them for our first games tonight. Now this is a rec league team I got picked up on. The league has a...
  11. BBBD1969

For Trade Two for Cartel

I have 2 bats looking to trade for a Cartel. First is a 27oz Demarini Stadium. Approx 300 hits. Second is a 2010 (I think) 27oz Worth Resmondo Titan (the mostly orange one). Also around 300 hits. No cracks or rattles on either bat. Both bats are returnable with no receipt. Both bats...
  12. BBBD1969

Which bat?

Hey fellers just back in the game after a three-year layoff. Last Demarini bat I swung was an ASA Juggy. While I liked the bat I could not get used to the flex feel of the 2-piece design. I am playing USSSA now and see there are some 2-piece with "one piece" feels to them. So, which bat...
  13. BBBD1969

Crash course for a vet who feels like a noob

Hey fellers been a member a long time but haven't posted in a while. Stopped playing competitively in 08. Played a little rec in 09, but nothing since. Anyway a guy asked me to play on two of his sponsored league teams so...what bat should I get? Its a USSSA league and back in the day I...
  14. BBBD1969

OG Booger - 27 oz

OG Booger for sale. 27oz. returnable no receipt. Approx 400 swings. Pics attached. There is endcap wear but no separation. $155 shipped, firm, paypal preferred but will accept a USPS Money Order. No trades as I am hanging up the cleats for awhile. Thanks. BBBD...
  15. BBBD1969

Mayhem 120 & OG Booger

Retirement sale. 28 oz Mayhem 120, excellent condition, lots of bag scratches, few ball marks, no cracks. $110 shipped USPS Priority. 27 oz OG Booger. Excellent condition, few ball marks and scratches. $160 shipped USPS Priority. If you are local to the VA peninsula area these are...
  16. BBBD1969

Easton Synergy2

Retirement sale, not playing anymore. Bat is used in good condition. Picked it up in a trade last year and never really used it. Structurally sound. 27 oz. $110 shipped USPS priority. No pics. I have outstanding feedback, been a board member since '03. Bat is 5 years old so most of...
  17. BBBD1969

Softball retirement sale

Hey fellas, been awhile. Anyway not playing much anymore, not really missing it either, so selling my stuff. Here is the non-bats I have, bats will be up in bat section soon. Prices include USPS Priority shipping. I also posted these on my local craigslist (Norfolk, VA) so if they get sold...
  18. BBBD1969

El Rey is A+

Did a deal with El Rey. Good deal all around, don't hesitate to deal with again.
  19. BBBD1969

Aimpoint Comp M2 Riflescope

For sale only. $400 USPS priority ship + insurance. Scope is lightly used. LMK---BBBD
  20. BBBD1969

Four USSSA Worths FS

1 - 27oz Res Titan, NIW w/rec---$220 2 - 28oz OG Booger, 500 swings---$175 3 - Another 28oz OG Booger, 500 swings---$175 4 - 28oz M7 120 Mayhem. 300 swings?---$125 All prices include USPS priority shipping and insurance. Pics are up on my thread in the selling-worth forum. Paypal...