Search results

1. eddieq

DD's TZFP chipped last night

After their game last night, my daughter came over with a big sad face and said, "My Techzilla chipped" and showed me. Sure enough, there is a small chunk missing near the endcap. I've seen this happen on composites but never on a metal. Is this common on the TZ's?
  2. eddieq

Which stealth is this?

Local craigslist add. He has all of these listed for $200 total. Says the stealth in the middle is 32/22, which would be a good backup bat for one of the kids if I can get a good deal on just that bat. I don't have much interest in the others. The price guide doesn't show a red stealth with...
  3. eddieq

Girls started a new league tonight

I have two DDs, one 16, one 11 (12 next month). The 16 year old signed up to play 18U in a local league, but the 18U folded so they asked her if she would play in the 16U. She's age-eligible, so fine. Tonight was the first game so she was all excited. 11 year old plays on another local...
  4. eddieq

Mizuno Shadow?

Any thoughts? It's a -13 metal bat. A local closeout place has a bunch in 33/20 selling for $40.
  5. eddieq

DD Brag post

First year playing in the 18U travel program. We got smoked the first couple of games but the herd has thinned (a handful of less-than-committed girls quit) and we had nine solid players who wanted to be there last night. DD was batting ninth and went 2 for 4 with a single and a double and 3...
  6. eddieq

Did you know that RT's and TZ's are illegal in college?

A girl on our 18U team saw my DD's RT and TZ in the dugout. She said, "those bats are illegal for college". I said, "No they aren't. In fact, Anderson sponsors an NCAA team. They were in the WCWS regionals swinging RT's." She didn't respond. Then sat down and I heard her say, "A girl was...
  7. eddieq

Price Check 32/22 SCN6B - wobble, no click

Local PIAS has one. Barrel is in pretty decent shape. Cleat marks. No cracks, graphics look good. If I shake it vigorously I get a wobble (I can hear it moving, I think) but it doesn't have that tell-tale connexion "click". They have $175 on it. DD's best friend is looking for a new...
  8. eddieq

ASA TAMU at ASU - interference?

I know they play NCAA rules, but it's essentially ASA there. What do you guys think? I'm sure the video will be uploaded to youtube at some point, but the situation was bottom of 7, TAMU up by 1 run, bases loaded, 2 outs. Ball is hit to the shortstop. Runner coming from 2nd does a...
  9. eddieq

Coaches - what do you think of this thing?

I saw it at a major sports retailer today (****'s - you know Richard's). They have it for 60 bucks, but I have a coach's coupon for like 20% off any training aid. Used one? Seen one? Seems like it could be useful especially for a limited space practice.
  10. eddieq

First game tonight with the 10U girls

After multiple rainouts, including our "opening day" ceremonies, we had our first game of the season tonight. They did a good job. Our pitcher is for real. Have to train up a couple more because she ran out of gas after 2 and a half innings. But, I gotta give her a break, she's 8 and about...
  11. eddieq

What swings like a TZ FP?

DD has a 32/22 TZFP that I picked up for her in the off season. She loves it and it is her gamer. She doesn't use it in the cage at school (dimple balls, machine, etc.) based on advice from TB. She'd like a beater I can grab cheap (PIAS or something) that swings the same. I know that not all...
  12. eddieq

Stupid school bus people

So, school ball practices started yesterday. My 15 year old daughter packed up her stuff in her nice bat back pack I had gotten her with her TZ and her catalyst in it and headed for the school bus in the morning. When she got on the bus, the driver said, "You can't take that on here. Unless...
  13. eddieq

Looks like I'm back in coaching

Our league president called me the other night and said that they are strapped for coaches in the 10U (where my youngest is signed up) and asked if I would come back to coaching. I had stepped back a couple of years ago because we were "lousy with coaches". Back in the game now. We had team...
  14. eddieq

Bears at Dolphins

This is some high quality football being played there tonight. :rolleyes:
  15. eddieq

Price Check - 05 RTFP 32 inch

Guys, I picked up a 32 inch 05 RocketTech fast pitch at the beginning of the season for the DD. She decided it was swung too heavy for her and put it down for a catalyst. This weekend I picked up a NIW Techzilla FP for her as well, so I'm thinking I want to make room in the bag. The RTFP...
  16. eddieq

Concussions

Speaking specifically of the situation with the Eagles right now. Both Kevin Kolb and Stewart Bradley suffered concussions yesterday and then returned to the game. I'm listening to Andy Reid's press conference right now and he keeps saying, "they passed the protocol tests before reentry, blah...
  17. eddieq

2009 tz fp 32/22

These any good? I made what I think is a good deal at PIAS on one NIW. I have an 05 RTFP and an 08 Pyro (SP) and I love both.
  18. eddieq

ASA I made this situation up, but what should the call be

Ok, the 4 base award thread got me thinking. Here is my imaginary situation. Bottom of 7. Home team is trailing by 3. Bases loaded. 2 outs. Batter hits a long fly ball to left, but it's clearly a "can of corn" and the left fielder is settled under it. Batter starts toward first in a...
  19. eddieq

ASA What should the ump have done - ancient history

OK, I guess this is directed at you seasoned umpires. A buddy of mine and I were catching up and discussing "old times" when he mentioned an incident at a softball game. This probably happened 20 years ago, but I'm curious as to what the proper action should have been by you fine men in blue...
  20. eddieq

Madsunz is GTG

Bought a bat from me. Paid fast. No drama. I would deal with him anytime.