Search results

1. hookumsnivy

utrip $150 bat for clinchers

My company team (not very competitive) is looking to get a new bat for the upcoming season. The budget I've been told to stick to is $150. The hard part is that the league uses clinchers. I was looking at the 585, Recoil, Virus Enhanced, but I'm open to others. It must be purchased from a...
  2. hookumsnivy

Overlap grip & mechanics

I decided to give the overlap grip a try off the tee the other day. My goal wasn't to add distance, but rather to alter my mechanics in a positive way. I found that by using the overlap grip, I was forced to lead w/ my hands and reduce the casting. This of course had the positive side effect...
  3. hookumsnivy

USSSA forum description

With the announcement of the new bat standard and their decision to ban all bats without a stamp, I think the description of the USSSA forum should change. It will no longer be the best association and definitely not the fastest growing anymore.
  4. hookumsnivy

Price Check 33/23 Easton scn8b

I have an opportunity to trade for a 33/23 Minty easton scn8b. What are these going for these days?
  5. hookumsnivy

GTG IYI4IYIAN is gtg

Bought an scx23 ri from IYI4IYIAN. He shipped it when he said he would and it arrived in great condition.
  6. hookumsnivy

SCX23 RI Taper Question

I just got an SCX23 RI and noticed something unusual in the taper. I'm not an easton guy and never saw this bat up close until now so maybe it's normal. THe bat seems to be in great shape so it's probably just me being paranoid. The taper has what looks like a seam in it on 2 opposite...
  7. hookumsnivy

2 unusual events happened in league yesterday

So yesterday was an interesting day in our league. 2 very unusual things occurred and I thought I'd share. I've only seen 1 of them happen before in a game I was involved in. The other I've never seen before and hope to never see again. 1. High fly ball to right field. Fielder gets under...
  8. hookumsnivy

Any "Perfect" Game

With so much bashing of umpires, I thought it would be a nice change of pace to post something nice. Played a double header yesterday and the umpire called a "perfect" double header: 1. Got all the calls right - only 1 call was questioned by either team and he got it right 2. Had a solid and...
  9. hookumsnivy

Need 1 or 2 for Sunday League in North Jersey

Hey guys, looking for 1 or 2 players for a league in north jersey. It's a sunday morning/afternoon utrip league (yeah, I know it's football season) in Bergen and Passaic. Double headers can start anytime from 9am to 2pm (1:15 per game time limit) but I have been told most of the games should...
  10. hookumsnivy

Post ABI ASA endloaded sticks

Wading through all the ASA threads is nuts. All of them have the same answer: Flex, Extended, AV, Freak98, etc. All Pre-ABI and all expensive! What about the Post-ABI sticks? By manufacturer, what are the best ones with an end load? I prefer shorter break in times because I don't...
  11. hookumsnivy

DS Plague is sick

Picked up a lightly used DS plague (no webbing) this past week for a Psycho and I couldn't be happier. I went an ounce heavier than usual, and it just fits my swing really well. Had a couple of games yesterday and I don't think I ever hit a ball so hard (further yes, but not harder) -...
  12. hookumsnivy

GTG Mark Miller is GTG

Traded bats w/ Mark Miller and everything went smoothly. Great communication. We shipped on the same day and we both received them at the same time. Bat was packed well and was as described. This guy is definitely GTG.
  13. hookumsnivy

ASA Overthrow Exception

There have been many threads on overthrows and reading through the threads that quoted the rulebook I noticed something subtle but potentially very meaningful: One of the more established umps on here specifically mentioned that it is the position of the runner that determines the award (like...
  14. hookumsnivy

In your stance, which shoulder is higher

We were having a discussion in the Ask The Umpire forum, and I figured it would be a better idea to run a poll to get a more definitive answer. When in your stance, which shoulder is higher (front or back), or are they even? I created a poll in the poll section so if you can vote there, that...
  15. hookumsnivy

Any Tried to teach the ump something today

We had an ump today that we never had before. Seemed like a nice enough guy and tried his best, but he was bad. I won't go into most of it because it doesn't matter. Note: the entire time I was very polite. In the 2nd game I was catching and he called a pitch short. I politely asked him if...
  16. hookumsnivy

USSSA Interesting Out of Order Scenario

So here is an excerpt from the USSSA rule book about batting out of order: Given this scenario: #8 batter is due up. By mistake the #10 batter bats instead of him by and makes an out. #9 batter enters the batters box. The pitcher throws a pitch and then they realize it was the wrong batter...
  17. hookumsnivy

Wow, my swing went to hell

Last season I tore my labral in my right shoulder and played through the pain (didn't have to throw much as catcher) and had my worst season by far. Went through physical therapy and it feels fine now, but I'm still hitting like ****. Finally had time to take a good amount of BP and shot...
  18. hookumsnivy

Plague Flexing

So I took some video of BP and ran across an interesting frame: That is prior to contact. Maybe it's something with the camera (HD Flip) or an optical illusion, but it looks like it's flexing in an odd way. I would expect it to be the opposite if anything.
  19. hookumsnivy

GTG solidertime is GTG

Easy to get in touch with and paid quickly. What more can you ask for?
  20. hookumsnivy

GTG afterhours is GTG

afterhours is GTG. Paid quickly and was easy to get in touch with. USPS took longer than anticipated so communication was even more important. Definitely a good guy to deal with.