Search results

1. J

2017 Border Battle ASA vs ???

Had a chance to swing the '17 White Border Battle ASA, which was pretty sick. I haven't been playing like I used to so I don't have a good point of reference for it. Looking to buy a new stick for next year, and just wondering if there are better bats than this one? Specifically curious about...
  2. J

GTG Vikings09 is GTG

Bought an SCN9 from me. Smooooth transaction.
  3. J

For Sale OG SCX3 Extended 28oz & SCN9 Stealth 27oz

Sad day, but it's time to let go of some great bats. ***PRICE DROP ($210 shipped) OG Easton SCX3 Extended - 28oz: Purchased this bat from a board bro a couple years ago NOW. Used for two league seasons, approx 500-ish hits. No cracks or rattles. Does have some scratches from ground...
  4. J

Middle Finger Pain

I drop my pinky, and overlap the pinky of my top hand. The last few years I have been battling pain in the knocking knuckle of my middle finger on my bottom hand. It feels jammed and is swollen. It is usually aggravated by poor contact and I assume trying to decelerate the bat on the follow...
  5. J

BP Balls 44/375 for my J3

I have about 100 beatup 44/375's from years past that I use for bp, and only 2 52/300's worthy of bp status as we just switched to this ball. Question is, would the older 44/375's be considered safe to use for my J3A, or are they still harder than the newer 52/300? I want to get out this...
  6. J

Sunday Swagger Break-In

Do any of you guys with a Sunday Swagger know whether it needs some break-in to reach its full potential? Or is it hot out of the wrapper? One of my teammates just bought one so just wanted to give him the 411. Thanks!
  7. J

ON Gold Standard Whey on Ebay

There seems to be a huge supply of very cheap ON Gold Standard Whey 5# on Ebay. $10 cheaper than you can get from the major supplement sites. But there are multiple sellers who all seem to be using the same product descriptions and bad "Engrish". Seems to be an Asian connection with a bunch...
  8. J

What makes the 2013 bats so hot?

I've been reading about how hot the new 2013 bats are compared to even beast OG bats. So just wondering what it is about the new bats that makes them so hot compared to older ones? Are they thinner walled, is it the material, etc...?
  9. J

BBell Overhead Squat

Anybody else have problems getting deep holding a bbell above your head? Any tips for improving ROM for this movement? I actually came across a vid of Cressey on YouTube and he was giving a lecture and had a video playing on his projector where he showed a guy not being able to go down very...
  10. J

For Sale/Trade NIW Evil ISA and Decker Sharks - 44/375

SOLD TO TUELLS! Evil ISA 44/375: 5 NIW and 1 one-game used ball. Decker Shark 44/375 (feel like a synthetic cover): 3 New (2 of them have our team marking "C" written on them, but have never been used, 1 is not marked at all). Also 1 one-game used ball. $30 shipped. Will entertain...
  11. J

5-man Personnel Question

I've been reading through some of the old posts on 5-man IF. Gonna have my squad give it a shot in some upcoming practices just to see if it's something we want to do or not. I had a question about personnel though. Our fastest most athletic and strongest arm guy plays SS for us. Does he...
  12. J

Show & Go Question: Quadruped Chin Tuck

What exactly am I supposed to be feeling when doing this? I try to mimic Cressey's video best I can, but I don't really feel any stretch or anything being worked. Not even sure what this exercise is for exactly. Any insight on this movement would be helpful. Thanks!
  13. J

Mid-Level Ankle Support

I suffered a very bad ankle sprain two years ago. Thanks to the advice on here, I picked up an ASO EVO for game use last year and my ankle held up like a champ. I think it's better to the point of not needing as much support now. I was looking for something a bit less bulky, but that will...
  14. J

Neutral Tasting Protein Powder

Do you guys have any recommendations for a neutral/no-taste protein powder? Seems everything is chocolate/vanilla/strawberry or some variation of it. I was hoping to find a quality protein that I can mix with things like juice or sports drinks if I wanted to. The usual flavors don't go too...
  15. J

Front Squats

I started doing these as part of Cresseys Maximum Strength program. First time ever doing them and making great gains so far. I use a crossover grip, but I read somewhere that this grip throws your shoulders out of alignment and can cause issues further down your body. Just wanted to get some...
  16. J

Graphics smearing easy?

Using 44/375 mc yellow ISA's from NCSS. Graphics aren't holding up. A 1 game used ball last night smeared where the cor/compression is, rendering the ball useless for league play. The others we've used so far have smeared in other places, just luckily not on the cor/compression yet. Bad ink...
  17. J

Boombah is G2G

Ordered a pair of turfs. They were a little small so I sent them back for an exchange. I got the wrong color sent to me. They made it right....they overnighted the correct color to me and sent me a return shipping label to cover the cost of sending the wrong color back. I dont think they...
  18. J

Effect of water on balls?

We got run off the fields last night due to t-storms. But I had 3 new Evil balls that got hit into the woods, so I went back and got them today. A little damp, but not completely water logged. Are they g2g for game use once they dry out?
  19. J

Where is the weight in the SCX3 OG Ext?

Just curious as to how the OG Ext's are weighted? Is it via a handle rod or in the endcap etc...?
  20. J

Some Ankle Questions

I had a really bad ankle sprain last season. Went to ER and the nurse said I tore a ligament completely in it (had ankle rollover issues since HS), but this was the worst by far. It's still a little bigger than my other ankle. ROM, stability, and strength has been coming back slowly since I...