Search results

1. NCASAUmp

Tournament software

This is a question for those who put together tournaments. I'm looking for software that an association might use to handle the scheduling of tournaments, registration of teams, payments, etc. What websites have you seen that might handle this sort of thing on a large scale?
  2. NCASAUmp

2018 Rule Changes

There was only one rule change that affects adult slow pitch this year. From the USA Softball website (I've bolded the pertinent change): So now, coaches are allowed to initiate an appeal when the ball is dead.
  3. NCASAUmp

Rule Changes for 2016

ASA has posted their rule changes for 2016 online. Click here to view them: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/About/About-Us/ASA-Code
  4. NCASAUmp

Any Deleting Threads

Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed a number of threads that have been deleted by their respective OP. Could I politely ask that this not happen? While you may have gotten the answer to your question, others may still benefit from reading the responses. Sometimes, seeing the wrong...
  5. NCASAUmp

ASA has defined "senior" bats for their tournaments

ASA has posted on their website how they define a "senior" bat: Just an FYI for you fellas. :)
  6. NCASAUmp

Any Ever happen to you?

Was calling the plate for a girls fast pitch game this weekend. Dropped down into the set position when I felt the outer stitching in the leg rip a little (about 3"). By the end of the game, the rip went all the way from my hip to my knee. Thankfully, I had on a pair of black Under Armour...
  7. NCASAUmp

ASA New ASA Shirts

In honor of "going green" this year, ASA has announced that they will permit a new style shirt for ASA umpires. The "Blues Go Green" shirt will be available on Officialgear.com later today, and will start at $29 per shirt (the extra $4 going towards "go green" programs).
  8. NCASAUmp

Attention Umpires!

So as some of you know, I've been working hard at getting a new forum set up. Finally, I think it's time I formally announced it and opened it up to the general public! It caters specifically and exclusively to the softball umpire, and all levels are welcome from the greenest rookie to the...
  9. NCASAUmp

Attention Umpires!

So as some of you know, I've been working hard at getting a new forum set up. Finally, I think it's time I formally announced it and opened it up to the general public! It caters specifically and exclusively to the softball umpire, and all levels are welcome from the greenest rookie to the most...
  10. NCASAUmp

ASA National Umpire Schools

Every year, ASA puts together National Umpire Schools at various locations around the United States for its umpires. These two-day schools are conducted by the well-respected members of its National Staff, and are a great way for umpires to polish their skills, rookies and veterans alike...
  11. NCASAUmp

ASA National Umpire Schools

This isn't a question so much as it is an announcement. Every year, ASA puts together National Umpire Schools at various locations around the United States for its umpires. These two-day schools are conducted by the well-respected members of its National Staff, and are a great way for...
  12. NCASAUmp

Any 2011 in Review

Dear fellow umpires, For many like myself, the 2011 season has come to a close. I called my last two games last night, and I've begun the task of cleaning, scrubbing, polishing and putting away all of my gear. It was a tough road coming into the season. Fresh off of reconstructive ankle...
  13. NCASAUmp

A Wish for Wendy (Alpharetta, GA)

Saw this on Georgia ASA's Facebook page, so I'm posting it here... A Wish for Wendy is a charity tournament to benefit cystic fibrosis. Just thought I'd pass this along. More info here: http://wishforwendy.org/
  14. NCASAUmp

Any Infield Fly Rule

This is perhaps one of the easiest rules in the book that all too frequently gets overcomplicated. Let's break it down step-by-step. ASA defines an Infield Fly as "a fair fly ball, not including a line drive or an attempted bunt which can be caught by an infielder, pitcher or catcher with...
  15. NCASAUmp

Any Common topics to be made into stickies

I'd like to compile a number of frequently asked questions and topics and make them sticky topics here in the Ask the Umpire section. There are a number of topics that seem to appear every week, and rather than re-hash everything over and over again, these sticky threads may help to keep some...
  16. NCASAUmp

Okay, which one of you guys this on this team?

Y'all are just messed up...
  17. NCASAUmp

Durham, NH

Hey, guys... Anyone from Durham, NH? Got a number of questions about the region. Please PM, thanks!
  18. NCASAUmp

And 2010 comes to a close

Called my last 5 games of 2010 today. Had a great time at a great tourney this weekend, and closed out my fall season on a very positive note. Been a heck of a year. Called 275 games (the most I've ever called), called a great National (always an honor), and had a good number of league and...
  19. NCASAUmp

2011 National Championships

Someone had asked about the sites of the 2011 ASA National Championships. I don't know if this question was answered, and a search didn't pull up the thread. ASA has posted the list of sites here. Good luck, everyone!
  20. NCASAUmp

ASA Men's E/Rec Southern Slow Pitch (Johnson City, TN) Cancelled

Just received word that this tourney was cancelled. Verified this on the ASA site. http://www.asasoftball.com/tournaments/nationalchampionships.asp